TP - App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP - App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP - App
TP - App
2021-01-14 14:04:01 - last edited 2021-01-18 05:53:34

I have a TP -PA7020P (Gig EoP) connected to my router.  I have another TP-PA7020P device connected to my wife's machine, There are alo a number of other TP Link devices scattered around the house.  One of which is TL-PA4020P (600 Meg) device.

When I run the TP-Link application on my PC to see the speeds of the network all traffic routes to the TL-PA4020P device according to the graphic on the screen.  I click on the TP-PA7020Pand traffic is routed to the Gig device but next time I boot the PC the traffic is routed to the TL-PA4020 again - which is Not connected to the router.

How does the TP EoP know which device is connected to the Router and therefore the main hub for the network.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards Mark 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP - App-Solution
2021-01-14 18:04:59 - last edited 2021-01-18 05:53:34

@MarkHarrison20 

Hey Mark

Dont pay too much attention to the connections and routes it shows in the apps, they are not actually route par say.

Homeplugs work more like a mesh network than a series of routes, when traffic hits one plug it will be sent to all connected plugs, then again until someone says that is mine, that plug will then send back the reply to all its connected plugs, who will send to its connected etc etc..

The routes you are seeing in the App are not the actual "route" the traffic will take, its more just saying  this one is connected to this one at x speed..   as long as they are appearing and not connected at really slow speeds just ignore this.

Hope that helps

Phil

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP - App-Solution
2021-01-14 18:04:59 - last edited 2021-01-18 05:53:34

@MarkHarrison20 

Hey Mark

Dont pay too much attention to the connections and routes it shows in the apps, they are not actually route par say.

Homeplugs work more like a mesh network than a series of routes, when traffic hits one plug it will be sent to all connected plugs, then again until someone says that is mine, that plug will then send back the reply to all its connected plugs, who will send to its connected etc etc..

The routes you are seeing in the App are not the actual "route" the traffic will take, its more just saying  this one is connected to this one at x speed..   as long as they are appearing and not connected at really slow speeds just ignore this.

Hope that helps

Phil

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP - App
2021-01-14 20:32:59
Phil, really very much appreciated again. Thank you. Kind Regards Mark
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 2