Wifi Extender RE-305 not working after upgrading firmware from v1.2 to v1.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 06:42:30
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: v1.2

Hello,

Any help is appreciated.

I was upgrading the Firmware of the TP Link RE 305 via the web interface over the WiFi. The Upgrade was showing at 100% and after that the Web Interface logged me off and it never was back online.

Upon further checking I noticed that only Power LED is solid Blue and rest all 3 LED's are dead. Tried resetting by pressing reset for 10 seconds while being powered on and also tried the 30-30-30 factory reset but still the same status.

Also, the TP Link Network is not showing in the available networks. Also tried tethering from the mobile app but again the network is not available and that was unsuccessful too.

Note: It was working absolutely fine before I did the upgrade and now I'm cursing that moment when I decided to upgrade the f/w.

Thanks,

PS

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi Extender RE-305 not working after upgrading firmware from v1.2 to v1.4
2021-02-06 07:59:21

@PS4 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Since RE305 did not support firmware recovery, I am afraid that you might need to contact the shop retailer or local support team to claim for warranty;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1