RE450 Extended Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 Extended Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE450 Extended Network
RE450 Extended Network
2021-01-16 11:52:59
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20201203 Rel. 80349

I would like you use the device on the Repeater Mode. So I connected it to my WIFI router (2.4GHz and 5GHz). I connected my PC to the RE450 via a network cable, and now opened the TP-Link page on a web browser. I went to the 'Wireless' Tab and pressed the 'Extended Network'. Now, I would like to disable both, the Extended 2.4GHz and Extended 5GHz, but the user interface wouldn't let me. So, if I disable one, then the second one is enabled. I could not manage to disable both. This could be good if I were connected wireless to the RE450, but I am connected hardwired, and would like to disable the WIFI Extended Network. Can this issue be fixed by TP-Link?

YM
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450 Extended Network
2021-01-21 08:32:35

@YossiMoshe 

Hi,

Thank you for your time and patience.

Currently, it is not supported to disable the 2.4ghz and 5ghz at the same time since RE also needs to use one of them to communicate with the home router;

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options