Archer MR600: extremely slow wireless connection only with an HP DV7 notebook

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 00:59:33 - last edited 2021-02-09 02:41:46
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Hi.

I bought a Tp-Link Archer MR600 and it works very well with whatever device (PCs, smartphones, Smart TVs, etc) and whatever operating system (Windows, Linux or Mac); there is only an exception: an HP DV7 notebook, with a Broadcom BCM wireless card, single band 2.4 GHz (operating system Linux OpenSUSE 15.2). When I connect that laptop to the router (wireless), the download speed is capped at 1 Mbps and the upload speed at 4 Mbps!

In order to exclude any possible hardware failure of the Broadcom wireless card, I have connected the notebook to other LTE routers and this problem disappears; ethernet connection also works perfectly between the laptop and the MR600.

I have tried every possible setting in the router control panel, but nothing seems to solve this really weird issue.

Any idea?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR600: extremely slow wireless connection only with an HP DV7 notebook-Solution
2021-02-08 16:52:52 - last edited 2021-02-09 02:41:46

Kevin_Z wrote

@ralphm24 

That's weird. Have you tried to update the driver of wireless card on this HP DV7 notebook? BTW, what is the chipset or model number of the Broadcom BCM wireless card?

Please compare the speed on the HP DV7 notebook when it is connected to the other LTE router 2.4G wireless and that when connecting to the MR600's, what is the link speed?

If possible, tell us the model number of the other LTE router, we may confirm if we can find any clue.

@Kevin_Z, it seems that this problem is related to the open source driver brcmsmac for Linux (download speed = 1 Mb/s, upload speed = 4 Mb/s). I have installed the proprietary driver broadcom_wl and now I get a download speed of 70 Mb/s and an upload speed of 20 Mb/s!

The strange thing is that the brcmsmac driver works perfectly with other routers; for example, a ZTE MF 286R; it also works very well with the hotspot generated by various smartphones (for example, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro).

Broadcom wireless card model number: BCM43225.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR600: extremely slow wireless connection only with an HP DV7 notebook
2021-02-08 11:24:31

@ralphm24 

That's weird. Have you tried to update the driver of wireless card on this HP DV7 notebook? BTW, what is the chipset or model number of the Broadcom BCM wireless card?

Please compare the speed on the HP DV7 notebook when it is connected to the other LTE router 2.4G wireless and that when connecting to the MR600's, what is the link speed?

If possible, tell us the model number of the other LTE router, we may confirm if we can find any clue.

Options
Re:Archer MR600: extremely slow wireless connection only with an HP DV7 notebook-Solution
2021-02-08 16:52:52 - last edited 2021-02-09 02:41:46

Kevin_Z wrote

@ralphm24 

@Kevin_Z, it seems that this problem is related to the open source driver brcmsmac for Linux (download speed = 1 Mb/s, upload speed = 4 Mb/s). I have installed the proprietary driver broadcom_wl and now I get a download speed of 70 Mb/s and an upload speed of 20 Mb/s!

The strange thing is that the brcmsmac driver works perfectly with other routers; for example, a ZTE MF 286R; it also works very well with the hotspot generated by various smartphones (for example, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro).

Broadcom wireless card model number: BCM43225.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer MR600: extremely slow wireless connection only with an HP DV7 notebook
2021-02-09 02:41:40

@ralphm24 

That's great to know. I suppose the older driver version may have some unknown issues, but we are not sure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 3