Ethernet connection on P9 V2 not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 17:03:30 - last edited 2021-01-21 00:41:50
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a three pack of P9's, the configuration detailed below has not changed since I initially installed them and it has been working fine for a number of weeks now.

I have one unit in my lounge that connects to an 8 port Ethernet switch for my TV and AV equipment, the master P9 upstairs that connects directly to the router and a third unit in my kitchen. The Ethernet ports are not working on the lounge P9 but they are on the master unit.

To rule out a faulty port, I have physically swapped the lounge and kitchen P9's around with each other but I still can't get anything on the Ethernet ports to connect. I have connected my laptop directly to the lounge P9 to rule out a fault with the 8 port switch, and I get no connection to my laptop. Devices connected wirelessly to all three P9 units still work fine.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet connection on P9 V2 not working.-Solution
2021-01-20 21:32:24 - last edited 2021-01-21 00:41:50

@TP-Link 

Sorry for the delay, I just connected up my laptop to the ethernet connection on my lounge Deco to collect the information you requested and right away I saw that I had an internet connection. I checked some of the other devices connected to the switch and they too have an internet connection now, so it would appear that the problem has gone.

I am not sure what has changed, but between me leaving for work this morning and coming home again it is now working as it was before!

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Ethernet connection on P9 V2 not working.
2021-01-18 11:25:51

@Rog69 

Hi, could you please help me confirm the network map:

ISP modem router----main Deco ))—wireless or wireless?--(( 3rd kitchen Deco

))—wireless--((  2nd lounge Deco------ 8 port Ethernet switch—TV/AV powerline/PC

The issue is the Ethernet connection from the lounge Deco did not work, right?

And connecting the laptop directly to the 2nd lounge Deco bypassing the switch, still, got nothing?

After Swapping the kitchen Deco with the lounge Deco, would the kitchen Deco be able to provide any Ethernet connection or no matter which Deco is located in the lounge the same network structure failed to provide the Ethernet connection?

By the way, I guess the Decos are on the access point mode, right?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-18 11:55:50
Hi, Thanks for the response. So the main Deco is connected to the ISP router via a wired connection. Another PC is also connected to the second wired port on the main Deco and this is working. The lounge and kitchen Deco units are downstairs on the floor below and connected via wifi / powerline backhaul. The Lounge Deco connects to an 8 port switch via a wired connection, none of the devices on the switch are getting a connection. If I plug my laptop directly into the lounge Deco I don't get an internet connection. I physically swapped the lounge and kitchen Deco unis round and the problem is still the same. There are no problems with devices connected to any of the Deco units wirelessly. I am not at home right now, but I believe the Decos are in router mode, but this has not changed, it has been running fine like this for a few weeks now. Can you tell me an in layman's terms the difference between router and AP mode please, I am not much of a networking expert, I am guessing from your response that the should be in AP mode? Thanks, Rog.
Options
2021-01-19 08:40:48

@Rog69 

Thanks for your update.

Yes, the access point would be much better for your current connection since it could get rid of the double routers (NAT) issue.

But router mode should be fine,

If possible, could you please help me check the IP address and gateway when the laptop connected directly to the lounge Deco?

Then if possible, please also check the IP address and gateway on the wireless devices;

I think 2nd Deco might confuse the switch or the laptop as the internet source, instead of extending the main Deco’s internet to the switch;

As for the different between router and access point, please refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2423/

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Ethernet connection on P9 V2 not working.-Solution
2021-01-20 21:32:24 - last edited 2021-01-21 00:41:50

@TP-Link 

Sorry for the delay, I just connected up my laptop to the ethernet connection on my lounge Deco to collect the information you requested and right away I saw that I had an internet connection. I checked some of the other devices connected to the switch and they too have an internet connection now, so it would appear that the problem has gone.

I am not sure what has changed, but between me leaving for work this morning and coming home again it is now working as it was before!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 625

Replies: 4

Related Articles