One device (Chromecast with Google TV) doesn't appear on the device list but it IS connected Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One device (Chromecast with Google TV) doesn't appear on the device list but it IS connected Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 01:35:48
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi!

I have this very strange issue when my Chromecast with Google TV (latest generation) connects to the Wireless network but whenever I go into the application (or to the web interface via http://ip.of.the.main.node) I don't see the Chromecast connected, neither on the active devices or the OFFLINE list. Yes, I've carefully gone through every and each of the devices, and I've also tried to match with the IP address provided via DHCP and/or with the MAC Address. The device just doesn't appear on the devices list.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Deco App on the iPhone (?) but it didn't help. The device, like I said, doesn't even appear on the web interface, so the issue is something else. I also have switched the Deco between the Router and the Access Point modes and the Chromecast gets a different IP depending on the situation (192.168.100.x on the AP mode, as that is the network for my router, or 192.168.68.x on the Router mode).

This situation is puzzling me and the reason why I *need* to see it on my devices list is because I need to disable the MESH part for that device since very often it gets disconnected from the network and I assume this happens whenever it tries to switch from one satellite to another. I know this is for me a "known issue" for Google devices as I have NEST cameras that kept being disconnected constantly until I disabled MESH for them, then they are very stable. I also have a NEST smoke detector and as long as I dsable MESH for that one, it remains stable.

Anyway, I'm really confused as why wouldn't the device appear on the list. I tried creating a guest network and connecting the Chromecast there, by itself. It gets connected, but still can't see it on the devices list. Could you please assist me with this? Until then, my device keeps losing Wifi very often.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:One device (Chromecast with Google TV) doesn't appear on the device list but it IS connected Deco M4
2021-01-19 02:08:30

@Imoq 

Thanks for your patience.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box later.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:One device (Chromecast with Google TV) doesn't appear on the device list but it IS connected Deco M4
2021-01-19 23:28:21

@TP-Link thank you very much for the follow up! Emails have been replied to :) 

Options
2021-04-06 20:16:19

@TP-Link has this been figured out? I have the same issue.

Options
2021-04-07 01:50:38

@trvincent 

Hi, is your device also Google TV, or something else?

Was it invisible on both Deco APP as well as the device list on the web UI?

Have you tried to go to overview>settings>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant>scan for lan device---would you be able to see any device with the same IP address?

By the way, did you set up static IP for the TV?

Thank you.

Options
2021-10-17 15:56:44

@TP-Link did you fix this?? I have the same problem with my 2 google tvs, plese some help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1573

Replies: 5