CPU 100 percent and WAN Interface Monitoring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-23 02:06:38
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.1 v000c.0 Build 130415 Rel.34164n

ISP : Fast Telco

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the newly bought TP-Link W8970 ADSL/Wireless router.

1. The CPU of the device is continuously 100%, though I am not using Parental Control, VPN, Firewall, etc.
2. I need to monitor the bandwidth (sflow) of my Internet connection. So I am using SolarWinds monitoring software. In the resources, I am not able to get the ADSL interface to monitor its bandwidth using SNMP. I can list other interfaces, but I am not sure which one is my ADSL interface. In the attachment, the software detects all available resources (interfaces/cpu/etc). I thought it was PPP interface, but it always shows DOWN even though my Internet connection is UP. (I am using PPPOE with ADSL for my Internet connection).

The screenshots can be viewed here:
1. Router Resources
2. Router CPU

I have upgraded the device with the latest firmware couple of days back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

(for attachments, check the links above)
File:
router cpu.jpgDownload
router resources.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:CPU 100 percent and WAN Interface Monitoring
2013-07-27 19:29:59
Any help???
Options
2013-08-08 09:43:27
Dear adil_mhaisker

The SNMP function of TP-LINK ADSL modem router only offers the information of MIB-2 which doesn't include the data traffic information.
So you can't use this software to monitor the bandwidth usage of any TD-W8970's port.

In addition, TD-W8970 doesn't offer any information of CPU usage.
So no matter what you have seen, it is just not the CPU usage of TD-W8970.

Thanks!
Options
2015-03-16 20:47:27
Dear Vincent (or anybody can help)
Is there anyway to have the total MB consumption of the ADSL (PPOE) out of the TD-8970B

Besides the individula IP data usage on the LAN is provided in a table under system tools/statistics. However, the sum of the individual consumption is way below the total consumption recorded at the ISP webpage. is this normal?

your help is much apprciate it
Yasin
Options
2015-03-19 17:34:03
any help?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1380

Replies: 4

Related Articles