Loosing connection on second Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 15:29:49 - last edited 2021-01-18 15:52:16
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Laptop connection to main deco P7 is good. When connected to second deco on he first floor, it looses the wifi connection. Connecting againg is a crime after that. It says cannot connect. Then say 5 minutes later it can connect again, only to be losing its connection a couple of minutes later, and so on.

When i walk downstairs and it connects to the main deco the connection is stable.

(same problem with another laptop as well)

any ideas what the solution might be?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Loosing connection on second Deco
2021-01-19 09:58:19

@Rattaplan 

Thanks for your patience.

Could you please connect any wired laptop via cable to the satellite Deco to see when the wireless connection was down, would the Ethernet connection get affected as well?

Would there be any change of the LED lights on the satellite Deco?

And since there are two satellite Decos, did both of them have the same issue, or just one of them?

-if only one of them, try to swapping the location of the two Decos to see if that made any difference;

By the way, how long have you had the P7 and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-20 12:50:39

@TP-Link 

I am observating the situation for the moment.

What seemed to help for now was removing te laptop from the dece app list and connecting it to the main deco again. Then when i took the laptop to the first floor and it connected to the Deco on the first floor everything was fine (for now)

Options
2021-01-26 14:23:07

@Rattaplan 

Ok another update after observing the specific connections. 

I removed the 1st floor deco from the ethernet connection link and moved it on room further. becaus i dont have a ethernet connection in that room.

So the situation is as follows:

ground floor deco --> ethernet connection 2nd floor deco

1st floor deco wireless connected to 2nd floor deco. Wifi strenght is 2 out of 3 wifi bars and also plc signal is green

1st floor deco, i have connected the laptop with ethernet cable.

I still experience some trouble though. It still looses the connection to the laptop once in a while. Not as much as before but still.

I noticed in the deco app when this happens that the signal source for this deco says "No signal source availlable for this firmware). Then some sometime later it come back showing the signal strenght again. Also today when the signal dropped the signal strength went back to 1 yellow dot/bar, meaning very bad reception between the deco's 1st and 2nd floor.

Its becoming a bit annoying because de deco on the first floor giving problems connects my daughters laptop. She needs this for her school activities.

Anny suggestions?

ps. i could try removing de 1st floor deco an connecting to the 2nd floor deco. But i think my signal is not strong enough then.

Options
2021-02-19 10:47:04

@Rattaplan 

Problem still persists. Last night couple of times the connection drops. I noticed that now the whole Deco system is going offline. offline i mean that app says that the system is down. Dont know what to do. I mean i will reset the whole system and install from scratch. Maybe this will resolve some of the issues.

I will report back on this

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 4

Related Articles