TP-Link's Nameserver for "tplinkdns.com"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 01:28:54

What is the Nameserver IP or Domain name for the DDNS service offered by TP-Link? I can't traceroute or ping the domain hostname and I need to update my domain dns nameservers to include TPLink's.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link's Nameserver for "tplinkdns.com"
2021-01-27 08:06:36

@Hillefied 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

We cannot provide you the Nameserver IP or Domain name for the TP-Link DDNS, while as for the issue you are reporting, you can try to change the DNS server on the TP-Link router to 8.8.8.8 to confirm.

Options
Re:TP-Link's Nameserver for "tplinkdns.com"
2021-03-12 17:41:07

@Kevin_Z I'm not sure why you're asking me to use Google's DNS server (which isn't the same as a nameserver). I'm not sure why you can't provide the nameserver by IP since it is a publically available nameserver by hostname. That doesn't make much sense unless your nameserver is dynamically being assigned different public IPs and your network uses dynamic DNS services.

I can't use the hostname to update my nameserver with your nameserver so I can't configure what I need to make this router and network function like I need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1179

Replies: 2