Inspite of internet connection is on. Some devices connected to the internet but does not access net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Inspite of internet connection is on. Some devices connected to the internet but does not access net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 07:40:48
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Router connects to the internet. But some devices not connected to the internet despite of internet is on. I have factory reset the router but still the problem persists. On my Samsung galaxy M30s phone it shows exclamation mark.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Inspite of internet connection is on. Some devices connected to the internet but does not access net
2021-01-21 07:18:53

@Abhishek4794 

Are other devices connecting to the internet fine when connected to the WR941HP network? Only this Samsung galaxy M30s phone got an issue? Is there an IP address on the galaxy M30s when it connected? Ensure this galaxy M30s can connect to other wireless networks fine.

You may login to the web interface of the WR941HP, then check if there is a correct WAN IP address all the time, if there is, try to change the WAN/Internet DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it to confirm.

You can also modify the wireless settings on the WR941HP, such as change the wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 40MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES.

Options
Re:Inspite of internet connection is on. Some devices connected to the internet but does not access net
2021-01-21 08:29:12

@Kevin_Z 

When I try to access the internet on Oppo F11 pro handset the device connected to the internet but does not provide internet access.

Options
2021-01-21 09:51:57

@Abhishek4794 

I wonder if there is internet access on the WR941HP then. Please login to the web interface of the WR941HP, then go to Status, take a screenshot for us. Who is your ISP? Please connect a computer to your modem directly with cable, ensure there is an internet access from it.

If there is a WAN IP address on the WR941HP, please try to change the WAN/Internet DNS server on the WR941HP to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it, and connect to the network on the Oppo F11 pro/Samsung galaxy M30s to confirm if there is an internet access.

Options
2021-02-05 09:00:01
I have purchased Tp-Link WR841N router. My query is it necessary to turn on DOS protection in the router. And what are ICMP, UDP and TCP settings. In ICMP, UDP & TCP settings which parameters has to set. In router setting there are parameters like High, Low, and so on.
Options