Deco M9 erroneously changing to ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 12:45:29
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi. Looking for help. Setup 3 Deco M9 plus devices. One connected to my router and the 2 satellites connecting to main deco via WiFi.

I am using the satellites to connect to Sky Q booster and Sonos speakers via ethernet. The problem I have with one of the satellites is that whenever I connect it to a sonos device it changes the connection to the main deco from WiFi to ethernet. Its as is its trying to receive signal from Sonos rather than provide the speaker the signal??? The other satellite works as expected by retaining its WiFi signal back to the main deco when connected to sonos speaker.

Has anybody encountered anything similar and how did you resolve to stop the satellite inadvertently thinking its connected to main deco by ethernet when its not?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 erroneously changing to ethernet
2021-01-22 07:31:46

@BWil 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

For your case, could you please help us check the following information:

1. Could you please draw a picture of how these devices are connected to each other, like would there be any switches?
  2. Does Deco M9 Plus work as wireless router mode or access point mode?
  3. Are you able to constantly reproduce the same issue?
  4. Would the mobile devices that connected to this satellite Deco get internet successfully?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options