TP Link deco 5 Disconnect devices from (ip)list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 12:13:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v. 2.4.13

Hi All,

This is my setup:
Ziggo Internet router is in Bridge Mode. It is connected to 1 of the 3 TP Link dec0 5.
First Deco: Router function

Second and third wired connected.

When I access the Deco router true my computer or TP link App. 
I see the connected devices.

Is there a way (other than blacklist) to disconnect a device from my network?
E.g. I have some problems with my (wifi)  Ip camera. It has internal ip adres. xxx.xxx.xx.131
I a way this gives a error. Normally i could disconnect this camera in the router settings and give it a new IP adres.

Thanks for the advice!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link deco 5 Disconnect devices from (ip)list
2021-01-22 06:01:30

@2dehans 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Did you want to have an option on the Deco to keep assigning a new IP address for the Wi-Fi camera?

Or did not want to use the IP address assigned by Deco and want to set up a static IP address by yourself?

May I know why did you want this feature or what kind of issue did you have with the Wi-Fi camera?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:TP Link deco 5 Disconnect devices from (ip)list
2021-01-22 08:36:59

Morning :-)

Somehow I had an issue with an IP adres which was assigned to the wifi camera.

I was looking for a way to assign a new (dynamic) IP adres to the camera. I know I can assign a static Ip adres to devices but hoped that there was an other option.

As far as I know if you disconnect a device in your network, the router will give it (mostly) a new IP adres.  In this situation my camera is connect true wifi and can not manually  disconnect it from my network by disconnecting the lan cable.

My question is:

- is there a way to disconnect client/ devices from the TP link network. Other than adding a device on the blacklist

- is there a way to give a client/ device an other Ip adres other than giving it a static ip adres.

I open the TP link app. Main menu: Network devices, I see that there are 18 clients connected.

I was hoping that "swipping or long press"  on a device in the menu, I could disconnect it from my network. But nog permanently as in the black list

Regards

Hans

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2