2 connections ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2 connections ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2 connections ??
2 connections ??
2021-01-21 17:44:22
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I noticed my speed was halved on my Deco M5 (only recently) setup which was in router mode, so I thought I’d try and switch router mode off on my virgin media hub and use the Deco I as an AP instead. 

This has all swapped over fine but I’ve noticed I’ve now got 2 networks that I can connect to. Both my Deco and Virgin media hub, am I wrong in saying they’re should just technically be the VM showing available, as the deco is only acting as a mesh extender so too speak? If both are showing, does it still mater if everything still joins into the Deco system?

Options
4 Reply
Re:2 connections ??
2021-01-22 06:09:05

@Blujelly 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Currently, the VM Hub worked as the main router and Deco M5 as the wireless access point, right

--if yes, VM hub would handle all the DHCP job and the two wireless networks would use the same IP range;

--and if you wish to use the same SSID, you could change the wireless name of Deco’s network the same as the VM hub.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-22 06:31:04

@TP-Link 

Does it matter if they're are 2 networks? I mean everything is running how it should? Just didn't know if there should only be one showing or not. 

Options
2021-01-22 07:02:12
Hi, It is ok to have two wireless names. Thanks!
Options
2021-01-22 07:06:42

@TP-Link 

If all my devices connected to the VM hub network, I assume the deco's would act as an AP and extend the network etc? Or would this not happen 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 4

Related Articles