TP-Link Deco X20/60/90 Setup & management issues...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 20:49:14
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20201013 Rel. 57035

I strongly suggest you folks add better management & actually support setup either via web interface, or you know, actually put together a Windows Universal App, if not a full management program.

It is not always practical, possible or even convenient to use only Android or iOS for management of your network. Had I known this limitation going in, with the "work at home" environment we now find ourselves facing, I certainl;y would have gone with a different mesh solution from, well, just about antone else, since they all seem to understand that mobile devices have LTE & 5G, whereas laptops, HTPC's & NAS + application servers typically require ethernet or wireless.

How you web management console can be so limited, with seemingly zero intent to improve functionality, is beyond me. Why you would want all of your network information only available on something that can be easily lost, hacked or stolen is simply asinine.

I purchased 3 X60 to use one with ethernet backhaul on a dedicated subnet for work communicaitons, some of which are sensitive in nature, only to discover thst management of that unit cannot be isolated, even worse, cannot be  configured or managed, on Windows, nor Linux, nor Unix. Even a UAP in the Windows store would be a start, plus it would be extremely simple to put together, You have the resources already & Microsoft makes packaging MSIX & UAP a breeze, even offering tools for conversion to accelerate development and deployment. Hem & haw all you want, but I am not even a developer, I do not even work for a tech company, I have zero formal IS or IT training, yet even I was able to put together a pair of apps for personal homebrew IoT devices & integrate those with several outside services, IFTTT, SmartThings  & even SC via webhooks, so how is it that the "pros", the career tech folks at TP-Link cannot seem to do the same? Are you using Fivr for development? If so, I actually know a few people that freelance through the site that may be able to get y'all straightened out.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco X20/60/90 Setup & management issues...
2021-01-22 02:52:54

@DirtyBiker 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We have reported the feedback to the senior engineers already.

For more updated news , please keep attention to the local official website.

And if anyone had the same request, please feel free to update it here.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 590

Replies: 1