Archer C80: bugs and feature requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 18:41:22 - last edited 2021-01-22 19:04:12
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 201022 Rel.53112n(4555)

ARCHER C80 - EU version

Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 201022 Rel.53112n(4555) 

Hardware Version: Archer C80 1.0

Regards from Finland. I am with Nokia Mobile Networks building the ultimate 5G mobile basestations.

Let's start a new thread @Kevin_Z 

BUG REPORT

1) Potential bug: I named 2.4GHz Foobar and 5GHz Foobar2 SSID. Then I put "Smart Connect" ON. Did not work reliably. So I switched "Smart Connect" OFF ===>  It made 2.4GHz and 5GHz base station SSID names the same Foobar when I swithed it on. So I could not find two "same name" SSID WLAN basestations with my laptop. TP-LINK please test if this is correct. I think it did this.

2) Login, then click ArcherC80. The C80 web UI shows 2.4GHz and 5GHz access point PASSWORDS IN PLAIN TEXT on the screen.

Major security risk. Please fix?

FEATURE REQUEST

1) C80 does not show router uptime anywhere. It should be on first page when logged in. Please implement?

Example:

Uptime:               2 days, 4:58:02

It must show up in first page after login.

Regards,

M

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer C80: bugs and feature requests
2021-01-22 19:13:00

@-M- 

When Smart Connect is ON, the SSID and password of both wireless bands become the same - that's by definition.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-22 19:17:14

@Ivaylo 

Do read bug more carefully.

AFTER I put Smart Connect OFF then C80 had 2 ssids Foobar in the air.

Options
2021-01-22 20:25:43

@-M- 

Let me recap what you've wrote:

You have had 2 SSIDs with different names: Foobar & Foobar2

Then you swithched Smart Connect ON and they both became Foobar.

You were not satisfied by the feature and then turned it OFF.

After turning it OFF you have 2 different SSIDs with the same name: Foobar

Is that correct ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-22 20:46:01

@Ivaylo 

Yes

Options
2021-01-22 20:53:04 - last edited 2021-01-22 20:57:38

@-M- 

So at the end, you've expected to have, just like before turning the Smart Connect ON, 2 different SSIDs with names: Foobar & Foobar 2 ?

Options
2021-01-22 21:01:04

@Ivaylo 

No. Expected 2.4 and 5GHz ssid names should be jus different. 2.4 Foobar and 5 Foobar (2) or whatever different. Not the same. aargh

Options
2021-01-22 21:11:05
I got your point, but better let Kevin answer this one.
Options
2021-01-23 13:56:05

BUG REPORT

2) Scrollable lists in Archer C80 web user interface do not work with touch screen input. 

To reproduce: go to C80 router main page, click Wireless tab and try to swipe up/down with touchscreen. Swiping down and up does not scroll lists down/up. Not working with Surface Pro 3 tablet and Lenovo T470 laptop touchscreen with the latest Chrome browser and up-to-date Windows 10. The C80 web UI code needs a simple fix, please TP-LINK?

Options
2021-01-25 06:15:21

@-M- 

Thank you very much for all the "bugs" or feature requests on the Archer C80. 

As for the SSID issue before/after enabling the Smart Connect on the C80, the SSID will be changed and merged into one once it is enabled, thus it will not be restored to the previous SSIDs by disabling it, I'm afraid this is the current design and there is no plan to change it. But we will monitor this kind of feedback, then report to the developers to consider how to improve and optimize.

As for the wireless password concern, actually it should not be an issue, as only the router administrator can access its web interface, thus only the admin can see that wireless page. We will report this to the related department, and ask them to consider improve it.

Show the router uptime on the login page will be considered as a feature request, and we will record and feedback to the R&D as well.

As for the touchscreen issue you are experiencing, can we ask for an issue video shot? Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-25 18:35:59 - last edited 2021-01-25 23:42:12

@Kevin_Z 

BUG

1) Both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz SSIDs became same Foobar and not visible for PC laptop

You try it out. Name SSIDs Kevin and Kevin2, then have your laptop connect to both of them.

Then switch SmartConnect ON - then switch it OFF. 

Does your laptop see two SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

2) PLAIN TEXT PASSWORDS in C80 admin UI

As you wish. There is a reason why iPhone and Android phones do not show PLAINTEXT SSID passwords in phone user interfaces.

Minimum: Recommending making an "Eye" icon (to side of password) which - during when pressed down -- shows plaintext password on screen

3) Scrollable lists do not work with touchscreen input (web UI)

Kevin_Z wrote:

>As for the touchscreen issue you are experiencing, can we ask for an issue video shot? Thank you very much.

Sorry no time. Try it with your upstairs boss' high-end Lenovo that has touch screen. The boss that is responsible for Archer C80 web UI.  

FEATURE REQ

1) Uptime in C80 first admin screen

Thank you for considering. I use this to debug if the router crashes by itself. Much appreciated.

(uptime was in my previous Archer C7)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 11