Disconnection P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disconnection P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disconnection P9
Disconnection P9
2021-01-24 23:40:14
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hello , i bought 9 units of deco p9 about a year ago to cover my large home and all of them are connected to the Main one by Ethernet , they have been working very well since i bought them until 1.1.2 update , it starts to struggle between 2.4ghz and 5g and it connection randomly drop as well as losing access to internet for a while then everything goes normal and then it loses connection again  . I even tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 but the issue still exist , currently im at 1.1.3 and the issue remain . 

Note : i have contacted my ISP and they confirmed there is nothing wrong from their side . 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disconnection P9
2021-01-25 03:51:43

@Kuwaitish 

Hi, thank you for your time and patience.

Could you please try to update the following firmware to have a look:           

Deco P9 V1/V2

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip                   

How to update the beta firmware: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information as well:

1. Since there are 9 Deco nodes, could you please draw a picture about the whole internet structure like where and how these Decos are connected?
  2. Did all the 9 nodes have instability issue, or just several of them?
  3. When the mobile devices are disconnected,  would the Deco turn red, or stay white/ green?
  4. Have you checked the Ethernet connection from the Deco as well to see whether it is stable or not?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Disconnection P9
2021-01-25 08:06:48 - last edited 2021-01-25 20:30:42

@TP-Link  

Here is a picture of how they are located and connected

Usually , all of them just suddenly turns to red and i lose connection including the main one , but sometimes it stays white but i just can't connect to them also, sometimes the main one stays connected and the rest just turns to red and disconnect , sometimes it just several units and the rest are fine , its weird and i couldn't figure out what's the problem 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 2

Related Articles