connect multiple ethernet devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 14:41:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,
I would like to advise. I have a Deco m5 device (Deco1 and Deco2). I need to connect other ethernet devices to the mesh network, eg nvidia shield, printer, TV, XBOX, etc. All these devices are now connected to the switch. Where should I plug this switch to make it work?

I can connect the switch to the end of D2 in the first variant (daisy chain network), or I can connect the device to the switch in the second variant (star network) so that the LAN device can communicate with the mesh wifi and vice versa.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:connect multiple ethernet devices
2021-01-27 09:07:56

@Lukas84 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Actually, both connection methods could make Ethernet devices communication with the mesh devices.

And the first one would be more recommended.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-27 12:24:13

@TP-Link 

Yes, but where should I connect the 5 devices when DECO 2 (Slave) has only 1 output? for the first option?

And with the second option, according to discussions from the internal, it does not work, see the attached photo.

Thank you

Options
2021-01-29 09:15:59 - last edited 2021-01-29 09:51:54

I have the following which works fine:

Options