RE305 does not work after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 22:04:58
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello two months ago I bought your product TP-LINK RE305 AC1200 Dual Band via alzu and today after updating the firmware via tether the product stopped. Only the first power LED is lit. It cannot be reset and is not found in the wifi search in the mobile or anywhere. What can happen to that? Thank you for your response.

Options
6 Reply
Re:RE305 does not work after firmware update
2021-01-26 11:56:49

@Marek5504 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Would there be any abnormal issue during the firmware update, like a power outage?

If nothing particular, I am afraid that you might need to have a check with the shop retailer to ask for warranty service.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-01-28 13:22:12

@Marek5504 There was no problem or power outage, i just updated the firmware via tether and it stopped. After connecting, first all the LEDs light up and for a second only the power diode and nothing can be done or reset or anything.

Options
2021-02-05 08:54:26

@TP-Link 

WOW Same thing happen to me :(

I update via tether on app, i saw there was update.  It hit 100 percent on the app and complete.  And then i was waiting and waiting nothing happening.  So i went ahead and look at repeater, only power light enabled.  So i try everything, i try resetting, i try unbinding, but not being detected.  Reboot routher, Nothing.  

Now i have problem with work because internet is not good.  I want to buy another one right away, but if i buy maybe you will not reimburse....

But maybe it's ok if i have 2 repeaters.  Hopefully you find solution soon.  And i will not update new one 

Options
2021-02-05 19:04:58
Are there things i can do to try to make it work? For example, plugging in a patch cable into my PC and doing any diagnostics or a hardware reset, or a manual firmware upgrade, maybe even reflashing the device not using tether? Anything i could try before i contact the retailer and claim warranty?
Options
2021-02-06 06:39:12

@mac2 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Please try to hit the reset pinhole for 10s to see what happened.

If still nothing changed, I am afraid that you might need to claim for the warranty first since the range extender does not support firmware recovery.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-06 22:02:50 - last edited 2021-02-06 22:03:50

@TP-Link  It is not possible even after holding the reset button for 10 seconds, so the only thing left is a complaint. But I still don't understand how an update can ruin a product.

Options