deco m5 -have to run network optimization everyday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 00:03:08
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi.  i have a deco m5 with 4 access points in our house.  it was working beautifully until recently as some devices right next to access points were getting really slow speeds.  when i access the network optimization feature in the app, it scans and notifies me that there is wifi congestion and to fix it.  I run fix it and it seems to help the problem, but i have no idea what it fixed.  it would be great if that did the trick, however, everyday certain rooms with an access point continue getting <2 mbps while others are getting 200 mbs, and i have to keep running network optimization (sometimes multiple times a day).  anybody have any idea what this can be?  the whole purpose of the mesh network is to have an even distribution of bandwidth throughout the house, but that is not the case anymore.  seriously considering another mesh unit if this keeps up.

thanks for the help

M5(1.0)

1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

Options
7 Reply
Re:deco m5 -have to run network optimization everyday
2021-01-27 08:28:45

@rsfmr4jc 

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

We have reported this issue to the senior engineers already and this feature would be gradually improved during the later firmware upgrade;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-03-20 11:50:15

@rsfmr4jc I have the same issue. Currently on 1.5.3 build 20210203 68223 and 2 months after you reported yours. I also have 4 Deco m5 (2 of them have Ethernet backhaul connection. Still in return window, might return it... 

Options
2021-04-04 21:40:54

@rsfmr4jc 

I have the same issue, after installing a few wifi rgb leds which only runs on 2.4ghz band and ever since then the network needs optimizations daily, I was wondering if an option to auto optimize daily can be added to the firmware or deco app 

rsfmr4jc wrote

hi.  i have a deco m5 with 4 access points in our house.  it was working beautifully until recently as some devices right next to access points were getting really slow speeds.  when i access the network optimization feature in the app, it scans and notifies me that there is wifi congestion and to fix it.  I run fix it and it seems to help the problem, but i have no idea what it fixed.  it would be great if that did the trick, however, everyday certain rooms with an access point continue getting <2 mbps while others are getting 200 mbs, and i have to keep running network optimization (sometimes multiple times a day).  anybody have any idea what this can be?  the whole purpose of the mesh network is to have an even distribution of bandwidth throughout the house, but that is not the case anymore.  seriously considering another mesh unit if this keeps up.

thanks for the help

M5(1.0)

1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

Options
2021-04-04 21:42:23 - last edited 2021-04-04 21:44:38

@TP-Link 

I have the same issue running deco m5 3 pods 50 active devices on lan, after installing a few wifi rgb leds (25 LEDS) which only runs on 2.4ghz band and ever since then the network needs optimizations daily, I was wondering if an option to auto optimize daily can be added to the firmware or deco app 

TP-Link wrote

@rsfmr4jc 

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

We have reported this issue to the senior engineers already and this feature would be gradually improved during the later firmware upgrade;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-09-10 09:52:19

@TP-Link 

Same problem here, it would really good to have automatic network optimization.

Really hope you implement  this ASAP.

Options
2021-11-12 04:54:31

@TP-Link Dear tp-link please urgently fix all bugs of your system and APP.

I am running the latest 1.5.3 20210203 

1. Nobody knows what network optimization does and why!! 
  2. After Network Optimization done, if you check network again it says still congested. You can continue forever. Rubbish.
  3. Seems like disabling Beamform performance is better. It should be quite the opposite logic. Explain?
  4. Same as above for Fast roaming: explain ?
  5.  When can we expect a decent firmware release?

Looking forward to some good explanation.

Thanks

Options
2021-11-12 06:24:04

@AngeloHK 

Hi, there is a new firmware 1.5.7 for Deco M5

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2021/202111/20211103/Deco_M5_1.5.7_20210819.zip

and I did get one feedback it improved the network optimization feature.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 3873

Replies: 7