Deco M4 Slow Overall Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 01:59:17
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello

I currently just swapped providers to Telus Fibre (Canada), with rated speeds of 940 down / 940 up

I've put the ISP router into bridged mode and am utilizing the Deco M4's as my primary router source.

I currently have the following setup:
Garage Router - Plugged into the Bridged Modem

Kitchen Satellite - about 25 ft away but through a thick wall

Office Satellite - about 50ft away down the hall (old house interference was an issue in the past)

The office satellite has a hardwired connection running from it to a gigabit switch that is connected to 2 computers

As it stands, I cannot get speeds faster than approximately 140mbs down and 180mbs up (not even 25% of what my ISP is providing).

Even standing directly beside the main satellite with an iPhone 12, speeds cannot break 200mbs which is incredibly slow for what this router should be able to provide

Things I have tried:

Resetting the whole setup

Swapping units around

Resetting Telus modem

Nothing seems to work and im starting to think that this unit may be a dud, even though I've only had it for less than 6 months

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 0

Related Articles