5Ghz permant disabling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5Ghz permant disabling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5Ghz permant disabling
5Ghz permant disabling
2021-01-26 07:37:04
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just purchased this router for being able to schedule the WIFI function according to needs.  I would like to use only the 2.4 Ghz service so i have disabled the 5Ghz service.  However i have realized that after the WIFI is turned back on according to the given time plan, the 5Ghz is also enabled. Is there any workaround to avoid this and permanently disable 5Ghz?

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:5Ghz permant disabling
2021-01-27 12:14:02

@glider1 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

I’m afraid this is the current design for the wireless schedule, while we have noted this and will push our developer to improve it in future firmware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-27 12:17:55

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the info.  Problem is that my iphone keeps changing the wifi connection that i would like to avoid.  However for the evenings wifi is turned off until next morning, so i need to disable 5Ghz everytime then.  It is a bit unfortunate since i have just recently bought this A8 router for the scheduled setting up option.

Options
2021-01-28 02:06:17

@glider1 

Hi, thanks for getting back. We will improve this feature in the future firmware update, please keep en eye on the official website.

BTW, if you just want to avoid the auto switching wireless band on some devices, you may rename the 2.4G and 5G networks, create a different name, then only connect these devices to the 2.4G network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 3

Related Articles