Deco p7 speed sometimes is limited

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 11:20:38
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 build 20200918

Hi,

My Deco's are all connected via UTP-cables. I have a P7 as Main deco connected via utp with multiple deco M5 and other P7. (I am not using the powerline backhaul anymore since they are now all connected via utp). The speed everywhere is similar to the max bandwidth I have (measured via fast.com).

From time to time one P7 is limited to 80Mbps instead of the max 500Mbps. I see that my laptop is then connected to that specific deco.

- When I reboot the deco the speed goes back to normal for a few hours/days. But eventually it is back to 80Mbps again. (also for the wifi connected devices)

- When I put the utp cable that goes from the switch to the deco directly into my laptop the speed is also the max speed.

So rebooting the deco P7 resolves this, but eventually the speed degrades again.

What could be possible reasons for this? And how to prevent this from happening?

Kind regards,

Lars

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco p7 speed sometimes is limited
2021-01-27 08:02:58

@vonklars 

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Could you please try to draw a picture of your network structure which could show up how these Deco units are connected to each other?

Would this issue only happen to a particular Deco ?—if yes, could you please mark it out on the network map?

If we put this laptop into higher priority, would the issue still exist?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-27 14:01:52

@TP-Link Hi

Attached a picture of my network structure. The DECO P7 in red is the one causing the issue. When I directly connect my Laptop to the Switch there is no issue.

I tried putting the laptop as higher priority but that made no difference.

Up until now a reboot of that deco always solved the problem. After a reboot it works well for some hours, sometimes days (I don't sit in that room everyday) but then the problem returns and the speed is limited to 80-90 Mbps (always around this speed, not higher, not lower).

I haven't experienced this issue with the other deco's.

File:
netwerk (1).pngDownload
Options
2021-02-08 11:04:26

@TP-Link Hi, any updates on this? 

Options
2021-02-15 09:08:36

Hi @TP-Link

I tried a factory reset but still the issue keeps coming back. Any suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 4

Related Articles