Losing wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Losing wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Losing wifi connection
Losing wifi connection
2021-01-26 23:24:13
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 20200714 real. 18254

My pixel device and laptops wifi connection continue to drop randomly. This occurs frequently and is frustrating. Is there a solution to this? Please help!

My ISP provider is Spectrum (200mps) and I have about 10+ devices connected.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Losing wifi connection
2021-01-31 11:13:26

i also got the same problem i have 7+ devices connected still dropping even my website best basketball is not responding

Options
2021-02-05 19:29:59

@mickymice I tried a few things that seem to help. Try repositionining your router and also changing the channel and channel width. Make sure you enable multi-user MIMO for 5Ghz (width 160, change channel based on congestion in your area ) ; 2.4Ghz (width 40, change channel based on congestion in your area). Also, make sure you enable WPA2/WPA3 personal. Best of luck.

Options
2021-02-08 07:31:56

@Letstalk  @mickymice 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?

1. When the internet drops on the AX6000, how about the internet LED on it, is it still green or orange? BTW, who is your ISP? Please ensure the modem connection is stable.

2. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network, what are they? Are all of them experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the AX6000 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?
If the devices disconnected from the 2.4GHz/5GHz and cannot connect back, what is the error message?

3. If the wireless connection is not stable, try the below modifications on the AX6000, then monitor:
For the 2.4GHz: choose security as WPA/WPA2- personal, Version:WPA2-personal, AES; Channel 11; channel width 20MHz;
For the 5GHz: choose security as WPA/WPA2- personal, Version:WPA2-personal, AES; Channel 44; channel width 40MHz.

4. Do you need to reboot the AX6000 to recover the connection or do you need to reset it to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button on its back panel?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 3

Related Articles