Deco P9 - device struggles to connect to satellite node - only works when connected to main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 - device struggles to connect to satellite node - only works when connected to main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 08:57:23
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi all

Since recently I am experiencing an issue with one of my devices connected to a satellite deco. This laptop (recent HP Elitebook) manages eventually to connect to the wifi and obtains an IP address from the DHCP server however it seems to struggle to exchange data over the internet. I have multiple devices connected to that node and all work fine. 

It is only when I disconnect (pull out the plug) the satellite node that the laptop connects to the main deco and then it works fine. As a workaround, I tried to disable mesh to force it to stay connected but as soon as the satelitte one is up again then the laptop picks up the signal and stop working (even if mesh option is disabled for that device). 

Any idea what may cause the issue?

Thanks for your help

Nico

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - device struggles to connect to satellite node - only works when connected to main deco
2021-01-29 10:01:04

@ULB_Nico 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

For your case, we would forward it to our senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1.Would the HP Elitebook be the only affected device?

------could you please help me check the system info and driver info of this computer such as https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2722/

2. What is the IP address and default gateway on the HP computer when the satellite node is activated?

--could you please try to ping the gateway and 8.8.8.8 on the computer?

3. is the laptop still connected to the main Deco when satellite Deco is activated , or it switched to the satellite Deco?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco P9 - device struggles to connect to satellite node - only works when connected to main deco
2021-01-30 11:31:35

@TP-Link 

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your help

1. Yes, the HP Elitebook is the only affected device

IP: 192.168.68.250

Default gateway: 192.168.68.1

Ping resulted general failure on both addresses (but note that this is a corporate device and certain features are disabled)

3. It seems to remain connected to the main deco until reboot, then it picks up the signal from the satellite deco

Thanks again for your help

Nico

TP-Link wrote

@ULB_Nico 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

For your case, we would forward it to our senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1.Would the HP Elitebook be the only affected device?

------could you please help me check the system info and driver info of this computer such as https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2722/

2. What is the IP address and default gateway on the HP computer when the satellite node is activated?

--could you please try to ping the gateway and 8.8.8.8 on the computer?

3. is the laptop still connected to the main Deco when satellite Deco is activated , or it switched to the satellite Deco?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-02 10:56:16
Additional elements for consideration: 2. Ping always result in general failure, even when connected to main deco (and therefore working fine). It must be disabled by admin 3. After a while (24 hrs - 48 hrs), it eventually migrates to the satellite deco (and then connection stops working), so with a big delay compared to other devices. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 755

Replies: 3