Archer AX50/AX3000 keeps disabling WiFi after reboot or turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50/AX3000 keeps disabling WiFi after reboot or turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Archer AX50/AX3000 keeps disabling WiFi after reboot or turn off
2021-05-21 10:27:56

@Kevin_Z 

I am operating in AP mode so there is no Reboot Schedule.

Options
2021-05-21 11:58:49

@Despotas 

If that is the case, I think the issue you are encountering is different from the OP. Can you please confirm the issue again with more details? Do you power off the router often, and the wireless network will no longer broadcast once you power it on again?

Have you tried to reset the router to factory defaults, either by pressing and holding the RESET button, or by hitting the Factory Reset on the router web interface page? Give it a go, and let us know the results.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-23 16:29:54

@Kevin_Z 

As I noted, the AX50 in in AP mode. I prefer to close my Wifi at night.

If I close the power outlet connected to the AX50,  then after I open the power again, there is no Wifi. I have to enable the wireless radio through the web interface.

So, because of that, I decided to use the Wireless Schedule feature as in the screenshot.

However, It usually works but sometimes it does not. It happened again today.

Both green Wifi LEDs do close at the correct time but they do not open at the scheduled time.

They remain off and I have to use the web interface again to start the Wifi.

I have done a factory reset and the problems remain.

Firmware is 1.0.9 and I bought it through Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Options
2021-05-24 08:20:59

@Despotas 

Reset the router to factory defaults by referring to this article, DON'T configure the Wireless Schedule feature on the AX50, monitor again if you can connect to the wireless network again once the router is off then on:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/497/

If the wireless network is no longer available once the router is rebooted, that sounds more like a firmware issue, you may need to contact the local tech support to check if the router is faulty:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If the issue disappears when you manually power off then on the router, but appears only when you enable the Wireless Schedule on the router, you may wait for the future firmware update for the router, and don't use this feature at the moment.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-27 14:48:23

Same issue with Archer C7 AC1750.

Turn it off at night, every 10th or so power on wirless is disabled, lights are off, however UI shows everything's OK.
the only option at that point is to re-flash.

HW: C7 v.1
FW: 150511

What is the best best cours of action to stop it from loosing wifi on boot up please???

Options
2021-05-27 15:11:02

@Kevin_Z 

So, I disabled Wireless Schedule and it is working OK for 2 days now.

I'll leave it that way and if something comes up I'll post here again.

Options
2021-05-28 02:10:37

@Despotas 

Thanks for getting back with the good news. Please leave the Wireless Schedule off at the moment, monitor if there is still an issue.

Options
2021-05-28 02:14:10

@MediaStream 

Have you also tried to reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch as suggested to Despotas? It's hard to say why the issue happens on your device, the firmware seems quite old now.

Options
2021-05-28 02:59:43

@Kevin_Z es I have. this is how I go to the current solution - reflash FW and its back. No reboots, no factory resets, no changing of the settings could help... ://

Options
2021-10-02 18:52:43

Every time I have to turn on my archer c9 router, the same thing that I mentioned several months ago keeps happening to me.
It cannot be that if a router is configured with Wi-Fi enabled, no matter how many tests they have made me do, no matter how much I put another firmware (the old one), it still does not lift. You have to go online and change a configuration as I put several months ago.

I do not know who to complain to, I am not sure if those who help here are employees and only collaborators.

The worst thing is that my router model does not accept third-party firmware, I'm sure that would fix it.

Unfortunately the next purchases will always be from another brand.

Options
Related Articles