Recommended Wifi 'additional settings' for AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 20:21:19
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57075(5553)

Thanks for reading and all the suggestions for my question:

I've done so much research on this router I feel like I could troubleshoot damn near anything on the AX1500 but I wanted to see what/if any changes should be made to the "additonal settings' under the WiFi section.  I simply copy/pasted my current info but really not sure if WMM should be enabled or disabled - currently is enabled.  What about AP Isolation?  I've read that's for preventing attacks from another device on the same network - this is current disabled.  What's the thought on Airtime Fairness?  I had changed a few of the numbers for Beacon Interval, RTS, etc but have set them back to default simply for this discussion.  

Again, this is just thoughts on why/why not to enable/disable one of the top 3 and if numbers were changed were applicable, what did you change them to and why?

Additional Settings

Check advanced wireless settings for your device.

WMM: enabled

AP Isolation:  disabled

Airtime Fairness:  enabled

Beacon Interval: 100

RTS Threshold:  2346

DTIM Interval:  1

Group Key Update Period:  0

Appreciate your insights and setting info you found to be not only reliable but quick.  I have Spectrum 400mpbs but average nearly 470 on my cell phone and generally max out 285 on PS4, different speeds on other devices just depends on what they can and cannot accept; i get how all that works just seeing what my fellows techies found best. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recommended Wifi 'additional settings' for AX1500
2021-02-04 14:11:26

@ItsMillerTime79 

These are mine:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1734

Replies: 1