M4 chromecast not working from mobile (but does from all other devices)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 14:16:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Currently using a deco m4 mesh network and it works fine except for the chromecast.

When i reboot my network, or my phone, i can see the cromecast and the smart tv on my phone and can start to cast. However, after a little time (within an hour of reboot/restart) i cant find the chromecast from my phone or any other phone in the house. This problem doesnt occur with tablets and laptops, they can still find and cast to chromecast or tv. when the phone is restarted same thing happens again, can find the chormecast but only within the first hour or so. Have looked online for a solution, but cant find any that works, its getting really fustrating. 

anyone got any advice/solutions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4 chromecast not working from mobile (but does from all other devices)
2021-02-03 03:44:12

@Coen 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Were you able to reproduce the same issue every time after the smartphone reboot/restarted within one hour?

May I know the model numbers and operating system of your smart phones?

How long have you had the M4 and when did this issue start?

At the same time, we would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:M4 chromecast not working from mobile (but does from all other devices)
2021-02-03 06:12:42

@TP-Link 

q Were you able to reproduce the same issue every time after the smartphone reboot/restarted within one hour? 

a maybe not exactly one hour, but somewhere around the hourmark, yes. multiple times reboot of both devices or system and everytime both phone miss the option to cast. I've had enough time on the phone after reboot of the m4 to configure the chromecast (and smart tv).

q May I know the model numbers and operating system of your smart phones?

a both are samsung devices on android, an a50 and a51

q How long have you had the M4 and when did this issue start? 

a mid december, since the beginning there are problems with the chromecast detection

q At the same time, we would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

a reply sent by mail

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 2