Increase security at my tp_link m9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 13:35:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926 rel. 55727

Good afternoon, 

currently I have installed a new tp link m9 as my home network, and I'm very happy with the performance . 
I use for all the settings the deco app which works great. 

only at my iPhone when I search our home network I see the message that not strongly secured. How can I change my security to a higher level like WPA2(AES) or to WPA3 ?

and the second question is how can I get to the user interface of my tp-link to update or configure some of the items? 
I tried the common address 192.168.0.1 but I failed is their any other way?

thanks in advance for your great help and support,

with best regards,

eddy aziz 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Increase security at my tp_link m9
2021-01-30 15:14:43 - last edited 2021-01-30 16:36:15

only at my iPhone when I search our home network I see the message that not strongly secured. How can I change my security to a higher level like WPA2(AES) or to WPA3 ?

@Edanvibr 

You can do that in Deco app. Open WiFi settings, touch an item under Security, new screen will open for you to make changes.

and the second question is how can I get to the user interface of my tp-link to update or configure some of the items? 
I tried the common address 192.168.0.1 but I failed is their any other way?

There is not much you can do through Web interface, all Deco mesh management is done through Deco app on smartphone. Web interface is to access logs if you need them, and to manually upgrade Deco firmware if app can't do that. Not much more than that.

If you still want to access Web interface, use IP address of your Main Deco. You can see it in Deco app, when you open Main Deco node under Internet section on top of the main screen of Deco app. 

Options
2021-01-30 16:21:24

@Edanvibr 

Thanks a lot Alexandre for you feedback. The strange thing when I use the app I can see the name of the network, the frequency, and the password, but I miss the security option? 

thanks a lot for your help and support, 

best regards 

eddy

Options
2021-01-30 16:34:56

@Edanvibr 

>Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926 rel. 55727

This is the reason you don't see that security option: it is not the latest firmware. The latest is 1.4.3 and it is where this was added. I didn't pay attention to firmware version you listed, when replying to your post.

Try upgrading firmware through Deco app, if it does not let you to - go to TP-Link Deco mesh Support pages, follow instructions for manually upgrading firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 3