Deco M4 solid red lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 solid red lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 solid red lights
Deco M4 solid red lights
2021-01-30 17:23:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have deco m4's since Aug 20. One connected to my sky router via ethernet. One in kitchen ground floor and one upstairs in a bedroom.

Worked brilliantly from Aug 20-Dec 20 in router mode which was default. Then all of a sudden solid red lights. Sky router still providing internet when the deocs go red (tested). Tp link support say it should be in access point mode not router mode as its connected to my sky router. 

Now in access point mode still getting solid red lights intermittently. Have to switch off main deco and restart a few times and then works for a few days and then solid red lights.

Bit lost what to do. Tried to stop my sky routers wifi as i read this might be causing interference but dont know if true. When do this my sky q box does not like connecting to the deco network (common issue by sound of it).

Can anyone provide any help please? Any experience of solid red lights? Already deleted the network and created a new one too. Someone has suggested solid red lighrs means they are faulty. Really need this work for my job.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 solid red lights
2021-02-03 02:36:07

@Emjayar25 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information:

1. When the Deco turned red(is it flashing red, or solid red), please go to More> Advanced>ipv4, would you still see the internet IP address here?
  2. What is the model number of your SKY router?
  3. Have you tried to switch another Deco as the main Deco to have a look?

By the way, how often did It happen within one day?

Could you please help me draw a detailed network structure about how these devices are connected to each other?

At the same time, I would like follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-03 12:18:25 - last edited 2021-02-03 12:20:07

@TP-Link 

Since i made the post the lights have been solid White so i dont know if it has sorted itself but here goes anyway : 

1. Solid Red. Ipv4 is not an option on advanced? Because it is in Access Point mode.

2.ER110

3. Yes i did try this when it first happened.

I currently have just the Sky Q box connected to my Sky routers wifi network SSID. All my other devices connect to my Deco mesh network i named myself. This seems to work ok for the Sky Q box as it does not like connecting to the Deco mesh network.

What im trying to establish is does my Sky router and Deco's both giving off a wifi signal interfere with each other? Like i said actually since i raised this post the Deco lights have all been White and its worked fine.

But since the last 4 weeks the lights have turned solid Red on at least 4 or 5 occasions.

I have one Deco connected via ethernet to Sky router in my living room. 1 Deco in kitchen and 1 upstairs in bedroom.

Thanks 

Options
2021-02-03 12:22:01
Firmware 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel 74289
Options
2021-02-04 09:35:26

@Emjayar25 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

Every wireless signal would produce a certain degree of interference, especially when they are on the same channel, but this kind of interruption would not affect the Ethernet connection and cause the main Deco to turn red;

So if you want to reduce the wireless interference, you could try to use the Deco lab/Wi-Fi assistant on the Deco APP to detect the current wireless channel; then please change the wireless channel on the Sky ER110 to another one;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-04 16:28:31

@TP-Link 

So what can make the deco turn Red?

The deco app says interference is low? This is good?

Like i said they are currently working but just want to know what is causing the periodic red lights.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2015

Replies: 5