M4 deco showing as disconnected by the app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 20:01:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 20200918

Hi,

I have 3 M4 decos connected by ethernet backhaul with the main one set up as router. Configuration and usage have been pretty much straightforward and everything was working fine until a few days ago. I've been noticing that the decos which are not the main one sometimes show a red led but after a short while they continue working as usual. I've checked that the cables which they are connected to are functioning properly and for the most part the devices close to them don't seem to loose internet connection.

The issue is that they are showing up as disconnected from the network in the app even though they are showing a white led and they seem to be working fine.

(Apologies as the app is in spanish but I guess the screens are mostly self explanatory)

I have tried to reset them and this sometimes make them show as connected in the app but shortly after they end up showing as disconnected.

I have performed some tests with one of them and, even though they are showing as disconnected, I'm sure that I'm correctly connected to one of the secondary ones because as soon as I switch it off I see that my phone wifi switches to the main one which is further away and my range decreases accordingly. If I switch it on, the phone gets connected to it as the range gets close to max so in this scenario everything seems to be working fine but the app is showing them as disconnected.

The other behavior (sometimes showing a red led) seem to affect all the devices connected to it as when this happens they jump to the main one and when the secondary shows a white led again they don't jump back to it (also usually after this is when the app shows them as disconnected).

I'm also attaching below the MAC addresses of the three of them. Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Options
3 Reply
Re:M4 deco showing as disconnected by the app
2021-02-03 02:54:38 - last edited 2021-02-03 02:59:07

@Eslava 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email and please help me check the following information:

1 . Could you please help me draw a picture of the detailed network diagram of the Deco system, such as:

ISP—main Deco------<cable>-------2nd Deco-----<cable>-----3rd Deco

2. If possible, please try to log into http://tplinkdeco.net and help me check the CPU occupation on the web UI to see whether it reached to 100%;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-05 12:46:58

@TP-Link Thanks for looking into the issue.

Here is the overall diagram of the connections between the Decos.

Have tested each cable/port and they are working correctly. Also entering through the browser show normal CPU values.

Options
2021-05-08 08:03:11

@TP-Link how to solve the problem? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 667

Replies: 3

Related Articles