Can a conventional router act as an intermediate Mesh Bridge to my other Deco Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can a conventional router act as an intermediate Mesh Bridge to my other Deco Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 06:00:37 - last edited 2021-02-03 03:29:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

I have gotten a TP Link wifi mesh. I was wondering...how does the mesh system works? Can i set up a mesh...and use a conventional router to bridge the network?

The router's SSID network will be the same as the main mesh #1 network (the one connected to the modem) so that the mesh #2 can receive it and work optimally?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can a conventional router act as an intermediate Mesh Bridge to my other Deco Mesh?-Solution
2021-02-03 03:29:48 - last edited 2021-02-03 03:29:54

@TPLteo 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

It could not use a conventional router to bridge the network.

But you could put the conventional router at the end of the 2nd Deco to extend the previous Mesh network;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can a conventional router act as an intermediate Mesh Bridge to my other Deco Mesh?-Solution
2021-02-03 03:29:48 - last edited 2021-02-03 03:29:54

@TPLteo 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

It could not use a conventional router to bridge the network.

But you could put the conventional router at the end of the 2nd Deco to extend the previous Mesh network;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can a conventional router act as an intermediate Mesh Bridge to my other Deco Mesh?
2021-02-03 07:37:55

@TP-Link 

Hey Sir, thanks for the reply. May I ask, if i were to put the conventional router at the end of the 2nd mesh, and give it the same SSID, just like you mentioned as "extend the previous (same) mesh network", will the conventional router acts like a mesh where the network is seamless such that the devices dun have to disconnect from mesh network to hop onto the conventional router's network? (asking because home devices needs to be on the same WIFI network to communicate to each other).

Just want to know the capabilities and the different permutations to see how i can make my home network works!

Options