Extended a powerline lan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extended a powerline lan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extended a powerline lan
Extended a powerline lan
2021-01-31 12:17:52 - last edited 2021-01-31 12:19:22

Hi all,

I have a couple of old 500 Mbps Powerline adapters. They work great, but are no longer available. I want to add an extra adapter and extend to a different room.

I am not sure it is possible with my current adapter?

I am willing to buy a new set, but unclear what can be combined. Ideally, I would have a base adapter plus two 3-port adapters. The TL-PA8033P KIT has a single and 3-port adapter,  but what other 3-port adapters can I combine this with? No adapters seem to be available separately - everything is a starter kit?

Thanks, Nick

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extended a powerline lan
2021-02-01 12:31:30

@Nick-unique 

Hey

The PA8033P is an AV2 standard device, therefore anything AV1 or 2 will work fine with this.  Basically any of the TP Link Plugs..   The number of ports on an adaptor doesnt matter, its personal preference.    If you are buying plugs, just buy anything you fancy in the 1200+ range and you will be fine

However as you say they are tough to get single plug, when I had homeplugs I ended up buying 2 packs of 2 and ebaying the spare plug.. :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles