M3 has units that go to solid red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 15:32:06
Model: Deco M3  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

I've got 2 deco M3 and a single Deco M3W in an apartment with 100 square meters.  I constantly get units that get a solid red light and disconnect.  Most of the times the internet is still working.  It will turn red for a minute then without any work go back to working again.  It's really frustrating as some devices connected will continue working while some which are likely connected to the Deco malfunctioning don't work.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:M3 has units that go to solid red
2021-02-02 06:47:53

@Nate_Spain 

Hi,

For the Deco M3, it has 1 router—Deco M4R and 2 extenders—Deco M3W, so I guess you were trying to say, you had two M3W and one Deco M4R?

Did only one of the M3W constantly turn red, or both of them?

Could you please help me draw a detailed floor map about how these 3 Decos are connected and please also mark out their distance?

If possible, would moving them mush closer to the Deco make the connection more stable?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:M3 has units that go to solid red
2021-02-03 09:14:28

@TP-Link Sorry, 2 M4 Units and one M3W

Main M4 unit is in the living room.  

Second M4 unit in an office 6.5 meters.

M3W is in bedroom and is about 6 meters.

Overall shape is L

M4

|

|

|

M4---------M3W

All units go randomly red and then back to white at times.  I've seen it where the main node is Red but I'm still getting Wi-Fi data usage as well albeit slower.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 2

Related Articles