HELP NEEDED TO GET PRINTER WORKING WHEN CONNECTED TO RANGE EXTENDER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 22:15:58
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Need someone desperately to help me get my Printer working using WIFI.

Printer: Lexmark CS417DN

Router: Archer C3150

Extender: TL WPA 8630

The printer works fine when connected with a cable to the router. I decided to relocate the printer to a different location, about 40 feet away from the router. 

Signal Strength of wireless router is good.

Paired a WPA 8630 with the C3150 by pressing the WPS buttton on the C3150, pressing the wifi button on the 8630 and getting both 2.4 and 5 gHz leds blink and then become steady.

Plugged the 8630 into an electrical socket and connected the printer to it using a RJ45 cable.

There are five LEDs on the 8630. Four are lit steady ON. The second from the left (has a 'home' looking graphic) does not light up.

The Printer does not work when I try and print from my laptop wirelessly.

I run the printer troubleshooter on my laptop and it shows nothing wrong but when I try and print a test page, it comes up with an error.

What am I doing wrong? 

Do I need to program the 8630? If so, How?

PLEASE HELP. THANKS 

Options
2 Reply
Re:HELP NEEDED TO GET PRINTER WORKING WHEN CONNECTED TO RANGE EXTENDER
2021-02-03 11:09:18

@skkgems 

Hi,

Did you also purchase one TL-WPA8630P?

Since normally, the powerline adapters need to work in pair(one connected to the router as the sender, the other is the extender) so the 2nd home light/powerline light would lit up;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:HELP NEEDED TO GET PRINTER WORKING WHEN CONNECTED TO RANGE EXTENDER
2021-02-03 16:11:57

Thank you for your reply. I did have a pair and finally got them working together. It was a network issue.

Appreciate your help.

SK

Options