Wi-Fi adapter stopped working after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 12:50:28
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there! 

I bought this N300 Mini adapter (TL-WN823N) the other day and it was working fine until we had a power outage at the hotel where I'm staying. Now it can't connect to any network, neither to the hotel network nor to my phone, it tells me either that the network key is incorrect (it is correct) or simply that it can't connect to this network. I tried it at the computer at the reception though and it worked there. To rule out my PC as the source of this problem, I tried out another adapter (Hercules) and it worked just fine. I'm running Windows 10, everything's up to date. Could it be that the power outage fried the adapter, and if so, why did it work at the reception? 

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi adapter stopped working after power outage
2021-02-02 07:31:10

@Tony.K 

Hi Tony, thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

You can try to update the latest driver and see if it helps:
https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200601/00015960-RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.38.0712.2019_Drv_3.00.0032.L.zip

Please remove all the drivers for this adapter on the computer first, then install the above driver manually: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/.

Options
2021-02-02 09:24:48

@Kevin_Z 

Hey!

I did that already, it didn't help. Is it possible that the adapter got fried?

Options
2021-02-04 03:02:01

@Tony.K 

If the adapter can still work on other computers, I don't think got fried in the power outage. While it's weird that it no longer works on this PC, you may try to run the Windows troubleshooter, or seek some suggestions from Microsoft.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 958

Replies: 3

Related Articles