Bug - Deco P7 not passing CoAP messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 08:18:01
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 2020918 Rel. 74680

I use Shelly devices which use CoAP messaging. Deco P7 seem to pass CoAp messages (verified by running "tcpdump -A udp port 5683"). There is another post reporting the same bug for M5. For M5 the bug was reportedly fixed in the latest firmware. tp-link, please update the P7 firmware with the same fix.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bug - Deco P7 not passing CoAP messages
2021-02-03 11:50:30

@Nisse57 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, could you please help me draw a detailed picture of your network structure about how the Deco P7 connected to each other;

And may I know where or on which devices you run the tcpdump -A udp port 5683? How it is connected to the Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Bug - Deco P7 not passing CoAP messages
2021-02-03 13:36:10

@TP-Link Thank you for the quick response. Here is my network structure

All P7 are connected via WiFi and PLC. The RPi4 runs Raspbian with Hoobs/Homebridge and connects by cable (no WiFi). The devices I try to connect are Shelly 4Pro and Shelly I3. HTTP works fine, but CoAP messages are not detected by TCPDUMP on the RPi4. It does not matter if Shelly is connected to the Main Deco or the Bedroom satellite. Nor does it matter if Beamforming is on or off. Fast Roaming is disabled. I tried with and without static IP. Nothing works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 2

Related Articles