RE450 Extender Does Not Reset (Flashing LED) Not Broadcasting Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 09:15:01
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just purchased RE450 (EU) version 3. I managed to connect to it the first time, but it failed to connect to my 5GHz network.
I therefore reset the device using a pin on startup....Blue LED now flashes, but unit is unresponsive. Does not broadcast a network and will not respond to a direct connection using Ethernet cable directly connected to my Mac.

The unit is now plugged in,  but refuses to reset.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 Extender Does Not Reset (Flashing LED) Not Broadcasting Link
2021-02-03 10:54:01

@DesJoseph 

Hi,

May I know how long have you hold the reset button?

Have you tried to change another power socket and hold the reset pinhole for 10s again?

When the computer is connected via cable, did you mean that the computer could not get IP address from the RE450?

If we set up the static IP address, such as 192.168.0.100 on the computer, are you able to ping the default IP of the RE450 192.168.0.254?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:RE450 Extender Does Not Reset (Flashing LED) Not Broadcasting Link
2021-02-03 11:25:14

@TP-Link Held the pin in for up to 30 secs. without success.
I tried several sockets, near the router, and near the computer, with no success.
When connected directly, I enetered the published IP address into my browser, but it returned with no access to server message
I also tried entering default 192.168.0.254 and had no connection success to ping (LAN or WAN).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 2

Related Articles