Not able to connect to Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 14:12:02 - last edited 2021-02-10 02:57:45
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 202001010 rel.49458

My router is almost 6 months old, and since last 3 days I am not able to connect my Chromecast to the WiFi network. I tried factory resetting both the Chromecast and the router but it didn't work. Chromecast seems fine, since I am able to connect it through a hotspot and launch it. It seems there is a connection issue with router. Can someone please help me out with this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not able to connect to Chromecast
2021-02-10 03:04:36

@harsh092 

May I know how did you connect this Chromecast to the network, is it connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Try to disable Smart Connect on the Advanced wireless settings on the A6, rename the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz SSID (they should not be on the same name), try to connect the Chromecast to the 2.4GHz SSID, then confirm again.

You can also try to modify the wireless settings for the 2.4GHz network as this:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 721

Replies: 1

Related Articles