sales and config advice please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 09:25:57
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm after some advice please: I've seen a lot of good things about the Deco range and and know that TP-link is a good brand.  I want to invest in deco for my home and get a good setup as wifi is currently terrible.

After starting to look through the range I'm getting confused by all the variants available, so would appreciate some advice.

Here's my thoughts / requirements:

• I feel unsure about how the mesh links to each other.  I understand how powerline works, but if I don't use powerline, do the units have to be physically linked via ethernet cable?  Do they link wirelessly, and if so what is the performance difference between wireless and ethernet?
  • I like the deco P9 style and think 2-3 of them would cover my home effectively.  However one of the locations would be almost impossible to run an ethernet cable to.
  • I'm with virgin but in the evenings the speed often slows to a crawl (0.5Mbps!).  I'd like to include a SIM 4G router in my setup that I can bridge to the network to provide a 4G failover connection.

What products do I need to achieve this effectively?

Options
1 Reply
Re:sales and config advice please
2021-02-07 08:41:56

@5Diraptor 

Hi,

For the Deco P9, it supported three kinds of backhaul, wireless, powerline as well as Ethernet backhaul so it does not have to connect the Deco via Ethernet cables;

For more details, please have a look at this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1794/

as for the 4G failover connection, it does not support automatic failover and you might need to unplug the previous modem and replace it with the 4G LTE router;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 238

Replies: 1