ARCHER C6 disconnecting from the internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 12:10:03
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hello Internet, I have an Archer c6 (v2 EU) running the latest firmware 1.3.6. The internet connectivity LED shows red every 2-3 minutes. When it is green, upload speeds are almost zero. I initially argued with my ISP (Railwire). They eventually told me to connect the modem with PC using a dial-up connection directly, and my wonder (and shame) the internet works just fine. So ISP isn't at fault here. The only flaw is the router. I had done a factory reset, changed the cables, did everything I possibly can. I don't even have a spare router, and I'm stuck with no wifi around the house. Please help me out.

Options
4 Reply
Re:ARCHER C6 disconnecting from the internet.
2021-02-04 12:39:57

@datahungrypersn 

Try the beta FW from that thread's recommended solution. If it doesn't get better you can always revert back to the current one.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-04 12:42:03

@datahungrypersn 

Who is your ISP, please? Is it PPPoE connection on the C6? Ensure you type in the internet parameters like username and password correct on the C6 WAN.

You can try this latest beta firmware here: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options
2021-02-04 12:47:22

@Ivaylo Thanks, will try that solution.

Options
2021-02-04 12:48:38

@Kevin_Z Hello Kevin. My ISP is Railwire, the username and password are correct. Also, the connection type is PPPoE on the C6. Haven't yet tried the beta software yet, but I will.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 756

Replies: 4

Related Articles