Deco P9 Web interface and Deco App, not updating/refreshing/not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 20:03:15
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

I'm getting incredibly frustrated by the lack of response from the Deco App and Web interface, since I got my Deco last year, it’s gotten much worse!

I was used to the nice sleek and responsive Synology RT1900ac interface, which was amazing but wanting a Mesh System I changed to the Deco P9 with 3 units.

The App just doesn’t seem to update when new devices join the network, it will ping to tell me they have joined, when I click and want to check the IP, it says ‘the device disconnected from the network’, only for it not to have done, it’s sat connected using the network!? It then decides it’s not going to refresh my device list and I can’t even see the device on the network! So frustrating when I’m wanting to assign a fixed IP.

I’ve had a laptop sat connected via WiFi for 2 days and the App and Web interface have both refused to see that it’s connected visually, but it is!

The app 50% of the time struggles to ‘find’ the Deco, then most of the time it tells me the other 2 units are disconnected, only to manually refresh the app and they are magically connected again.

I’m hoping others have the same issue so I know it’s not just me.  I have connected support about my disconnecting units but they seem to think there is nothing much they can do and just keep asking me to put them closer together and connect them via cable to test, which I have done and just keep getting the same result!

Not really after an answer, just more of a rant! But is someone has a solution or suggestion that would be great.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Web interface and Deco App, not updating/refreshing/not connecting
2021-02-07 07:47:41

@GiGoVX 

Hi, Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

Could you please try to update the following firmware to have a look:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip

how to update the firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 529

Replies: 1

Related Articles