AX73 Tether App not showing client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 08:16:10
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200907 rel. 76867

Hello all,

Dear Support,

Just bought a brand new AX73 router. Working fine, got internet access, can access clients on LAN.

I am trying to set up QoS using the Tether App, but the client list is not showing anything.

I have DHCP enabled.

When I choose the Clients tab on the bottom of the app it just shows "Waiting..." and then "Timeout", after it the page shows "No devices found". Which is impossible since I have at least 20 devices on the network at the moment.

Any advice?

Thanks,

polyn

Options
18 Reply
Re:AX73 Tether App not showing client
2021-02-05 08:33:31

@polyn 

Hi polyn, thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

What is the OS version of the phone, and what is the Tether app version on it? Can I have a screenshot of the Tether app that display no clients? Does it display a "-"?

What if you login to its web interface, will the connected devices show up on the Clients correctly? Please ensure the router firmware is up-to-date, and tell us the version number.

May I know the network layout/diagram? Is it as simple as ISP modem---AX73---client devices (Wireless and LAN)? Are there any other extenders or switch in the network?

Options
2021-02-05 09:03:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the quick reply.

iOS 14.4

Tether App: 3.4.24

On the web interface clients show up, but I cannot configure QoS over there, right?

Firmware: 1.0.1 Build 20200907 rel. 76867

Router is connected to ISP modem.

ISP Modem <--> AX73 <--> clients (cabled and wireless) and also a TL-WPA4220 powerline extender. I tried to look for the clients without the extender plugged in, but no luck either.

screenshots:

https://ibb.co/PNT30yh
https://ibb.co/j88xP08
https://ibb.co/FY5TvMM

Options
2021-02-07 06:51:58

@polyn 

Thank you for replying.

You are correct, the HomeShield QoS can only be configured via the Tether app. 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-02-07 10:42:24

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your help!

Support already reached out to me. Will post updates here

Options
2021-05-02 09:22:54
Same problem Polyn, it seems. It worked then failed, worked then failed no longer works.
Options
2021-05-02 10:01:53
Just worked out has to be the main SSID or it won't connect though when I do this and try and get up HOMESHIELD it says Internet Not Available, yet internet on all other devices.
Options
2021-05-02 10:08:20

@DigitalArcher Hey. I sent the router back to the seller for inspection and service, and they offered me a refund. I guess they could not solve the issue either. I suggest you do the same while you still have warranty on it. 

Options
2021-08-26 05:17:08

@Kevin_Z 

I'm having the same problem as described by others above. The client count is too low. Inaccurate.

I just configured my new AX73 router as an access point. I also updated the firmware to the latest version. I have at least 91 clients connected to the AX73 router via fiber and a telco modem. All clients work perfectly. However, both the web interface and the tether app on my Samsung S20 android phone indicate 17 clients. Mostly wired and 5GHz. Only one 2.4GHz when I know I have dozens more.

Here's a screenshot of my modem UI. It shows all 91 connections as 'wired' because they are managed by the TP-Link AX73 in Access Point mode. But it proves that the client count on the TP-Link AX73 router is incorrect. Again: both the tether app and the web app.

Options
2021-08-26 09:10:58

@LoboWolf 

As far as I understand, when the router is working as an access point, it may not show the connected devices to the network, as the "connected clients" are based on the DHCP server leased addresses. And when you have another device handling DHCP, you may not see all the connected clients in the device set as "access point" mode.

Just to be sure, you can switch it to router mode to see if this will display correctly.

BTW, is the DHCP server on the AX73 Auto or off? What if you change it to "Auto", will the devices show up after rebooting?

Options
2021-10-12 11:00:14

I am having this exact same lack of clients in the tether app problem with my AX73 too

I am on the latest router firmware, latest tether app, latest version of IOS + have my router in wireless router mode

Did anyone figure out a solution to the this that they could share please?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2670

Replies: 18

Related Articles