Deco M9 - Problems, problems, problems...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 14:38:28 - last edited 2021-02-05 15:12:14

Bought some Ubiquiti together with a 3 pack of M9 to compare.

At first sight TP-link won for sure. My WIFI-network range was better and it was +150 euro cheaper. Biggest disadvantage: not many settings...

So I did send back the Ubiquiti's and kept the M9.

A couple of weeks in with these devices and I'm angry at myself I did keep this devices that seems to get almost no support from the manufacturer at all. It's pathetic to see some basic things missing that are included in most brands, and specially cause a lot of these are even in other Deco-products.

Now, for the second time in the same amount of days my network gets fucked up. I just changed some settings to try some stuff out (DHCP), didn't like it and undo it.

From my 35+ devices only about 15 now shows up again. Wired doesn't seem to give a problem, those on the WIFI aren't getting an IP anymore (my devices ALL have a static IP assigned.)

Did all the crap you can find... Checked all the settings (nothing blacklisted and so on), rebooted the device by the app. Rebooted the device by plug-out for over a minute, stop en start WIFI, try to connect to guest-network,... Nothing works, most of my devices won't get an IP-address from Deco.

So now, again, I have to put in all my settings manually after factory reset this piece of crap. Cause it's to hard to make it possible to make a backup of your settings. 2021 people! BACKUP IS KEY.

You can guess what I'm telling friends and family about my "easy mesh-network".

EDIT: Just putting all my IP's again in the device. Not all me devices did show up from the first time, so decided to do a restart...

No more WIFI (can't get IP) on my smartphone (and other devices), again... 

Hope Amazon takes this crap back, this is a joke!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 - Problems, problems, problems...
2021-02-07 06:53:39

@RedWheiler 

Hi, Really sorry for the inconvenience.

We have planned to add the backup feature on the later firmware upgrade.

As for the IP address issue from the Deco, Did you mean some mobile devices with IP address reserved on the Deco before failed to get IP address randomly?

May I know where are these devices?

Would the mobile devices get a stable connection if there are no address reservation for them?

By the way, may I know the hardware and firmware version of the Deco M9?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco M9 - Problems, problems, problems...
2021-02-07 17:38:28
Thank you, but I already arranged to send these devices back and get myself another brand. Bye.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 2

Related Articles