Printer Server not working over OneMesh network with Archer C7 Router and RE200 Mesh extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Printer Server not working over OneMesh network with Archer C7 Router and RE200 Mesh extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 17:16:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Hello everyone

I'm using an C7 router with two RE200 extenders on a OneMesh configuration. I have a printer connected to the USB port, and the printer server is enabled. Nevertheless, devices connected to the extenders can't see the printer server (while devices connected directly to the router can correctly see the printer server, and print over the network).

Is there any way to make all devices see the print server in the OneMesh network, regardless if they're connected to the router or to the extender?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Sebastian

Options
9 Reply
Re:Printer Server not working over OneMesh network with Archer C7 Router and RE200 Mesh extenders
2021-02-07 06:28:40

@SebastianJ 

Hi Sebastian, thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

What if you remove the extenders from the Onemesh device list, will the devices connected to the extender network visit the printer successfully?

How about other services when the Onemesh is enabled, are they working properly except the printer server?

Options
Re:Printer Server not working over OneMesh network with Archer C7 Router and RE200 Mesh extenders
2021-02-14 00:31:48

@Kevin_Z Sorry for the delay, for some reason the email didn't get into my inbox but into a folder so I didn't see until now. 

Yes, any computer connected directly to the router (wlan or wifi) can see and access the USB printer. Any computer connected to one of the mesh extenders can't. All other services seem to work correctly, though admittedly I'm not using anything strange (not file server, QoS, NAT routing, etc). Both extenders are updated to the latest firmware. 

Best regards,

Sebastian

Options
2021-02-18 11:24:02

@SebastianJ 

Actually, what I meant was what if you remove the extender from the Onemesh network and make it work just as a normal range extender, will the issue persist?

When the devices connected to the extenders, are they getting the IP address which is in the same IP subnet of those connected to the C7 network directly? What is the IP address of the printer? What are those connected to the extenders?

Options
2021-05-14 18:31:13 - last edited 2021-05-14 18:34:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin, 

I have a similar issue with an MR600 router and a RE300 extender : my wireless printer is only reachable if connected with the extender, not with the router (and I have the same issue with 2 other iOT devices). 

I did test removing the extender from the Onemesh device list as you propose, but the issue persists. 

In my case, printer and other devices seem all to be in the same network (IPs are all 192.168.1.1XX 

Do you have an idea of what I should do to be able to use any of my devices from anywhere I am in my house? 

Thank you for your help.

Options
2021-05-18 01:26:53

@Maksanse 

Is the printer connected to the MR600 network or RE300 network? Can you ping the printer IP address from another device which is connected to the MR600? Try to connect the printer and the computer/iOT devices to the MR600 network, then confirm again.

Is the printer obtaining the IP address automatically from the network, or you configure it with a static IP? Please try to choose obtain IP address automatically, then confirm.

Options
2021-05-18 11:12:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply. 

To answer your questions :

Devices connected :

• To the MR600 (DHCP activated) : 
    • 1 connected clock (with reserved IP through the MR600 settings ==> I need that fixed IP for localhost scripting and can't go back to automatic IP)
  • To the RE300 (DHCP unactivated) :
    • the printer (automatic IP + can't move it next to MR600)
    • 1 other connected clock (same settings in MR600 to have a reserved IP)

Ping and usage

• When connected to the MR600 : 
    • Printer : Ping OK and using it OK through my macbook but not through my iPhone with Airprint ==> Airprint seems to be not working because of the RE300
    • Connected clock 1 (connected to the MR600) : Ping OK and using it through my iPhone OK
    • Connected clock 2 (connected to the RE300) : Ping OK but using it through my iPhone KO ==> normally, the connection is classic (not Airprint like), but it seems, the same issue as the printer occurs
  • When connected to the RE300 : 
    • Printer : Ping OK and using it OK through my macbook and iPhone
    • Connected clock 1 (connected to the MR600) : Ping OK and using it through my iPhone OK
    • Connected clock 2 (connected to the RE300) : Ping OK and using it through my iPhone OK 

So the issue happen when trying to access devices connected to the RE300 through iPhone (but the same issue occurs with a Samsung phone). 

Does it make sense to you ?

Thank you for your help, 

Best regards

Options
2021-05-18 12:17:23

@Maksanse 

Yes, that's a lot better, thank you.

Please check and update both the router and extender firmware to the latest, and we will follow this up via email later.

Options
2021-05-18 13:17:46

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the answer.

Both MR600 and RE300 are up-to-date.

Options
2021-05-19 00:53:28

@Maksanse 

Good. The support engineer will contact you soon, please pay attention to your email box.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 9

Related Articles