Cant connect RE450 to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-06 22:17:16
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi. 

I just recently bought a RE450 range extender but it doesnt work. I have tried to reset it and set it up trough the phone and PC but it cannot connect. I have not tried the WPS button since i live in a rented apartment and the router is not located in my apartment. Is there anything i could do? Seems like the wifi works since i get connected to both 2.4 and 5GHZ but no internet. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant connect RE450 to internet
2021-02-08 02:25:38

@Peter88989 

Hi,

After setup, did you see the 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up on the RE450?

--if yes, could you please send me a picture of the settings>status page on the web UI;

May I know the model number of the main router and did you know If there are any special settings on the router, like access control/MAC filtering, or portal authentication required?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Cant connect RE450 to internet
2021-02-08 09:06:55

@TP-Link 

Hello.

Yes they lit up, i tried to reset and setup on my phone and pc aswell, i also tried to set it up at my parents house (they have same internet provider), when i tried at their house the leds for 2.4ghz and 5ghz didnt lit up, but at my apartment they did but on the app i got a yellow triangel with a exclamation mark, same when i tried on my PC. Unfortunately i can not log into the router and check the settings its blocked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 2

Related Articles