Wifi Extenders and Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-07 00:43:20
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So i was wondering if i was to get a Ethernet splitter or even a network switch, And i plugged it into my TP-Link RE305 AC1200, would it enable me to connect both my PC, and my XBOX Series S to get wired connection from the Range Extender, here is the exact model

RE305 | AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender | TP-Link United Kingdom (tp-link.com)

Its similar to a model of this, but its apparently illegal to post the exact link where i got if from but it has a splitting image

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi Extenders and Ethernet
2021-02-08 02:27:48

@Predycate 

Hi, it is ok to add an unmanaged switch behind the RE305 to extend the Ethernet connection.

As for the switch model, you could send me a private message about the link for further check.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Wifi Extenders and Ethernet
2021-02-10 19:47:35

@TP-Link 

Hello im confused, im not the most tech savvy when it comes to unmanaged switches, etc but say for example i used an ethernet splitter would that work to connect a pc and xbox to the RE305 extender, which by default, consists of one ethernet port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 2

Related Articles