URGENT: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-07 19:32:42
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hi community,

I just bought the RE505X Wifi extender, which is connected with my  Archer AX50. Unfortunately, my Wifi keeps disconnecting constantly. It is impossible to work on video calls with this issue. I tried everything:

1. Both router and RE505X are with the last firmware

2. The wifi networks have different names (router and wifi extender)

3. The Wifi extender is with a strong signal from the router (using the Tether app it even say that I could use it further away)

4. Both connections, 2.4ghz and 5ghz gets disconnected constantly switching between connections, not being possible to be in a video call 

5. When disconnected, the solid blue light from RE505X is turned off

6. I did the setup twice and the issue persists

I don't know what else to do, and I need help! What else should I do? I'm thinking about returning the device,

Thanks,

Rafael 

Options
1 Reply
Re:URGENT: Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting
2021-02-08 02:55:44

@RafaelQ 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please help me check the following information:

1. Could you please refer to this link to change the wireless channel on the main router:
  2. When the RE505x got disconnected, both 4ghz and 5ghz would turn off, right?

--and what did you do to recover the internet, rebooting the RE505x

3.  May I know how far away from the RE505x to the AX50 and could you please send me a picture of the settings>status page on the RE505x?

--- it would be highly appreciated that you could draw a floor map of your apartment and mark out the location and distance of these two devices;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 1