PS4 Slim can't connect to extended 5GHz wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 02:21:58
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190124 Rel. 56886

Hello, the RE450 seems to mostly be working very well for me after 1 day, I have been able to use both bands on all devices including the ps4, but now suddenly I turned on the PS4 and cannot connect to the 5 GHz wifi anymore... :( This is the main reason I bought the extender to be honest. I can just about still get the 2.4GHz but it's not consistently working (approx 1/2 the time it works). On other devices such as the laptop I'm using to type this, it works really well.

When it is failing to connect on the 5GHz ( or sometimes 2.4GHz) I can see on tplinkrepeater.net, on the client list, the ps4 trying to connect. It is listed as UNKNOWN but it is like in the client list for 2 seconds and then gone for 2 seconds (and repeating constantly, until the ps4 gives up)

What's weird is that it was working fine just a few hours ago, and no drop outs or lag or anything i was like thumbs up but now not so much... and I don't know maybe the issue will resolve itself I would love to know the cause of the problem.

For background the router is virginmedia hub 3.0 which is set to give off two seperate SSID: VM8******** and VM8******* 5GHz. The re450 is using the same SSID for each band and I do prefer it to be that way.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it a lot. I could update the firmware but I don't know if it would change this issue?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS4 Slim can't connect to extended 5GHz wifi
2021-02-24 09:13:03

@Cononor 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:PS4 Slim can't connect to extended 5GHz wifi
2021-02-24 14:25:21

@TP-Link 

Thank you, yes I still have the same issue, and have recived an email now thanks

Options