WiFi long range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi long range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi long range extender
WiFi long range extender
2021-02-09 20:12:55

I live in a coach house (all on one level which is up a staircase) and have a ring video doorbell which is downstairs and is the opposite end of the building from the router. The router is upstairs. I can not move the router as it is plugged into the main phone socket (sky router). I have been googling all day but can not find a good long range WiFi extender to bridge the gap. I have a ring chime pro which should bridge the gap but it doesn’t. Can someone please recommend a good, long range, reliable WiFi extender please. (I have no electric sockets near my front door either)! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi long range extender
2021-02-24 09:23:20

@smudger2468 

Hi,

Would it be convenient for you to provide a floor map of the coach house and it would be highly appreciated to  mark out the location of the router as well as the desired location for extender;

Have you thought of powerline adapters such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/powerline/

Normally, powerline device would be much better for multi-floor network extension;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 1

Related Articles