Archer T6E not detecting any WIFI networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 08:11:58 - last edited 2021-02-10 08:14:42
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have an issue with newly bought Archer T6E, problem is it does not detect any WIFI networks. Cell phone and laptop has no problem with detecting several networks from the same place.

It is a newly build PC, so the card has never worked :)

In device manager I have no unidentified devices, and the T6E is detected, light on the card is also glowing.

Already tried some advices I have found on this and other forum boards, still nothing works...

Operating system:

Windows 10 1703 - not working

Windows 10 20H2 - not working

Drivers I have tried:

2020 driver from your website for V1 and V2

2015 driver from your website for V1

ASUS driver found in other threads in this board

broadcom driver suggested by drivereasy app.

All of them detect the card but on none there are any WIFI networks available 

Also switched PCI slots from x1 to x16 with same results as earlier.

No idea what to do next...

edit:

maybe this will help, my build below:

motherboard: ASROCK b460m pro4

CPU: i5 10400

GPU: MSI 1650super

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer T6E not detecting any WIFI networks
2021-02-16 07:58:25

@icekoala 

Hi, Could you please refer to this link to check the status of the wireless adapter?

And would there be a new wireless connection under the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Change adapter settings?

By the way, could you please help me run a test:

Detach one of the antennas from the Archer T6E to see if that made any difference;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-16 12:20:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, first of all thank you for your feedback, secondly I can't see any link in your post :)

As for the rest, I will check it as soon as I return from work and will post the results.

Options
2021-02-17 13:25:49

@Kevin_Z 

Detaching one of the antennas didn't make any difference, tried to do it with both, also with restarting the computer.

As for your second first question, no connection, no visible networks (screen below, sorry for language but I guess everything is clear).

Btw, fun fact, old TP-Link TL-WN321G USB WIFI adapter has no problem at all, even with default WIN10 driver, screen of it with just plug and play installation bellow:

Options
2021-02-18 09:18:18

@icekoala 

May I know what is the current Windows 10 version of the computer, 1909, or 2004? You may verify it as below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

What is the model number of your home router? Try to change different wireless channels, such as 36/40/44/48 for the 5G, and 1/6/11 for the 2.4G.

Try to update the following driver if none of the above helps (remove the existing drivers for the T6E first):
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/Archer T6E T9E_ASUS driver_7.35.351.0.zip

How to install the driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 4

Related Articles